The original version of Cherry Creek was created for the Ludum Dare game jam in December 2017. The game received good feedback, and the Second Dimension team decided it would be a good achieveable project for their first commercial relase. They spent 2018 working on the game in their spare time, aiming to get the quality to a releaseable standard. The team like this type of puzzle, but noticed most existing games tended to have industrial or technologial themes, so their aim was to create a solid tile-turning puzzle with a focus on nature and a more relaxed atmosphere.
Cherry Creek - Press Kit
Cherry Creek is a tile-turning puzzle game set in the idyllic countryside, with a focus on creating a relaxed atmosphere. The aim is to rotate the river tiles and direct water from the central fountain to all the cherry trees. The game can be played across 8 difficulty levels, with the option to record high scores for the quickest time or fewest moves.
- A modern take on the classic tile-turning puzzle genre
- Over 250 puzzles across 8 difficulty levels
- A unique natural environment as the backdrop for every puzzle
- Beat your personal best, with scores in 3 categories for each difficulty
- Play your own way, with all difficulty levels available from the start
- Choose your own score targets, or turn off all scoring for a more relaxed experience
- 6 different control methods to suit both right-handed and left handed players